In order to upgrade to the new FuelX Tracking Code, you will need to remove your current tracking pixel from your Shopify website. Please follow the steps below to remove your pixel.
- In Shopify click on "Online Store" in the left-hand navigation.
- Click on "Customize Themes" at the top of the page.
- Now click the "Theme options" link in the top left corner of the screen and select "Edit HTML/CSS".
- Under "Layout", open theme.liquid to edit your site's HTML and remove the FuelX tracking code which is most likely located witin head or footer tag. tag.
- Once the FuelX pixel has been removed, save your source files and confirm on your website that the pixel is no longer being placed on your website.
- Now from your Shopify admin, click "Settings".
- Now click "Checkout" under the Settings Menu.
- In the "Order Processing" section, find the "Additional Content and Scripts" textarea and remove the conversion event code.
- You are now ready to place the new FuelX Tracking Code. Please follow the implementation steps.